The Isle of Man has a long and distinguished maritime history and today is recognised as one of the most prestigious Flag states. Consequently, we primarily register yachts and ships under this jurisdiction. However, Registrations can also be made upon request in other reputable jurisdictions.
Some of the key benefits for registering in the Isle of Man include:
- Favourable tax treatment
- No annual tonnage tax
- Beneficial VAT arrangements
- Security of mortgages on the Island
- A Bareboat (Demise) Charter Register enabling vessels to be demise Chartered registered
- The prestige of the British Red Ensign and the support of consular services
- A quick and efficient registration process
- Political Stability in the Isle of Man is maintained (1,000 years of continuous Parliament)
- Flexibility in registered ownership requirements A one-off low initial registration fee
Further information is available from the Isle of Man Ship Registry website.
Please contract us for further information.